Many of us are well aware of the trends of residential property investments, but when it comes to investing in commercial real estate, most of us are ignorant. People who do not run a business, or have no connections with the commercial property, are generally unacquainted about the commercial property trends. However, it is always a wise choice to stay abreast of all the investment trends taking place in the real estate, because you never know when you might need to invest in a property. Let us gain a little knowledge about commercial investment properties and the benefits that come along with them.
- Risks and Returns: When we talk about commercial property investing, it should always be noted that it there is always a higher risk involved in it and at the same time, it is a property with high return. The commercial real estate market varies from place to place, but when compared to the residential property, there is a huge difference between the two. A commercial space might take several days to be leased out. Thus, the risk involvement is high in a commercial property.
- Period of Lease: When a commercial property is leased, it is generally done for a long period of time. The period might be as long as about ten years. Also, various commercial properties can be leased out for a period of five years and then the lease can be renewed. The annual rental increases between 15 to 20% .
- Ratio of Investment: Commercial properties are expensive than the residential properties. Factors like posh location and huge size of the commercial properties are a major reason for the high price. However, whenever you are looking for a commercial space, you can also choose a small premise and purchase a commercial property within a small budget.
- Fixed Costs: Despite of the fact that the commercial property has been leased or not, there are a few operational costs that are involved. However, these fixed costs vary and depend on the property type.
Benefits of Investing in a Commercial Property
By investing in a commercial property, you can increase your cash flow in a number of ways. Let us have a look at a few ways:
- Buy and Exist Strategy: The best way to collect a huge amount of money is by first buying the property, then building an equity and then finally, selling it off. You can earn huge profits when you sell off the property.
- Monthly Rental: Leasing your commercial property is one of the easiest ways to generate monthly income without working hard. A good amount of money goes into your pocket if you lease out the commercial property owned by you.
- Run your Own Business: If you are a businessman, there can be nothing better than owning a commercial property. You save the money that you would have otherwise spent in paying off as a rent to the landlord, had you not owned the office space. (https://kidsrkids.com/)
- Let out the Extra Space: If the commercial space that you own is more than that required for your business operations, you can easily rent it out. This brings in extra income and at the same time the extra space that your commercial building has, does not go waste!