What can be a better deal than investing in something that doubles the money? And investing in commercial real estate is a sure shot formula of getting higher profit at minimal risk. However, to accomplish it successfully you need to go for some smart choices like when to buy property for investment. Your utmost objective should be to hit the right area at the right time.
Below are some of the main points that make investment in commercial sector a big deal:
Cash-on-Cash Return: When you invest in any illiquid asset, such as real estate, you take money out of your liquid assets, including stocks and bonds. And on these liquid assets, you were earning around 4 to 5 per cent return; therefore choose a property with high return. This will help you to earn decent returns.
Less Time for Managing: There are a few real estate properties that require a lot of managing time. Therefore, it important to go for a smart investment, and avoid properties with vacation rentals or properties located in bad areas. However, a good property rented to a decent tenant can be advantageous as you need not to put in too much managing time into the property. Moreover, when you treat your tenant nicely and with respect, there will be no hassles and things will move smoothly.
Invest in a Growing Area: Preferably choose a growing location over an established one to get a good return. In any developing area, the rate of property will be very high and that can be little difficult to invest in for a middle class person. And even then if you are planning to invest in a developed area, you might have to compromise with a small size commercial property. Moreover, the value of commercial property increases more in any developing place, than that of developed area.
Guard against Inflation: Commercial property for investment sale has a high potential to evade inflation as the values and rents of properties increase regularly. For occupants, renting a property has been more attractive in comparison to the new construction, especially during the times of inflation. Nobody can forecast the time of inflation, so if you are lucky enough and invest right before the inflation, you will get a good investment property with returns.
Hiring the right broker for your commercial real estate deals is one of the most important business decisions that you can make. Though it depends on your investment proficiency level, but getting an experienced broker while purchasing a commercial property for investment purpose, can help in identifying the do’s and dont’s of property investment. Proper negotiation with the help of a broker can help you in satisfying all potential buyers. As for the experienced players, they are fully capable of operating independently. However, if you take the help of a broker, it will help one way or another.
In commercial property investment, it is very likely that you would require the assistance of a broker. If you are able to find a broker who is experienced and familiar in the industry, he will be able to provide you with a clear direction in choosing the perfect investment solution. For example, if an investor intends to purchase a building that is abandoned, in order to restore it and further rent it out to businessmen in retail industry, a broker may be able to help the investor by suggesting the future potential of the chosen area. The investor will then be able to make a proper judgment on whether the money that he is investing will provide good returns. Without a broker’s advice, the investor is capable of making wrong investment decisions.
Investing in commercial properties requires a great deal of planning and brokers can do a lot more than research about the target area, they help investors in spotting the right investment opportunity. Most of the time, a broker is able to suggest to a potential investor the right property with high returns. A broker may even have inside information about a property that is going to be publicly listed. (Diazepam) This will provide the investor an opportunity to assess the information in detail and much earlier than other people. Lesser competition provides the investor with an advantage during negotiations with the property owner. With extra commission, a broker can even negotiate on behalf of the investor. This is a win-win situation for both the investor as well as the broker.
Earning from commercial real estate properties in Gurgaon requires a lot of caution about the investment decisions. Real estate business like any other business requires great deal of speculative acumen, analysis, industry knowledge and the right assessment of facts and circumstances. If you are serious about earning money by investing in real estate, you should be aware of all possible trends in the present as well as in the coming future. In the past, property market in Gurgaon has gone into a slump, due to the world economic meltdown and it took a long time for it to recuperate from the setback. The real estate sector in Gurgaon has now picked up momentum and is expected to have a good growth trajectory in the future.
The promising trend has lead investors, institutions and individuals to have a renewed interest in the Gurgaon Commercial Property market. Big infrastructure development companies have attained new lands for their new projects coming up in the region.
Earning from Commercial Real Estate, Gurgaon, requires good vision to see the localities, in which major development has taken place in the city. The region is in an expanding phase due to growing urbanization and commercialization of Gurgaon.
Investing in commercial spaces for rent, is another method of earning money from real estate, as businesses require these properties to run, as well as establish their businesses and they pay huge amounts of money for this purpose. Location is of prime importance in this, therefore, there is no better address than Gurgaon to invest in a commercial property. With a number of commercial properties available for rent, more and more businesses are moving to Gurgaon.
Thus, in order to earn money from Gurgaon’s commercial real estate, you should be aware of the locations of the major development projects in the city. Knowledge about this aspect can lead to good investment and profits. There are a number of good projects coming up in the region. Commercial retail spaces in Gurgaon, are of paramount significance in terms of investment as you can earn great profits in such investments.
Investing in commercial real estate is undoubtedly a great idea but before making the final decision, it is very important to know everything about the real estate market, so that you do not make any mistake while investing. Here, we shall discuss about the types of commercial investment properties, the benefits of investing in a commercial property and factors that must be considered before making the final decision.
What are the different types commercial real estate?
When we talk about commercial property, any property that is not residential is categorized under commercial real estate. Properties like office buildings, malls, retail markets, resorts and industrial factories, to name a just a few are some of the commercial estate real estate properties. In simple terms, when you invest money in a property that will be used for commercial purposes, it means you have invested in the commercial real estate. A commercial property is an investment property with returns – this means you can be assured of monetary gains or profits.
Why to invest in the commercial real estate?
Once you invest in a commercial property, you can relax as this is an ultimate key to generate money. Let us have a look, how:
- You can purchase a property and build equity. Keep a watch on the real estate market trends and when you think exiting is a great decision, sell off your property and enjoy the profits. Choosing a commercial property for investment sale is certainly a great choice.
- Secondly, if you want a monthly income, you can rent the property and enjoy the benefits. Your tenants will pay the monthly rental and you can enjoy the profits.
- Thirdly, if you yourself are a businessman, you will not have to pay any monthly rental for an office space. You can successfully run your business from the office space you own and at the same time, you can also build your equity.
- Lastly, if the space you own is more than your personal requirement, you can rent the extra space. By doing so, you can utilize the extra space and also, enjoy the monthly cash flow.
Factors to consider before making the final decision
- Check the location of the property.
- Check the infrastructure of the property and assure that the property is in a good state.
- Estimate the monthly amount that you can expect from the property.
- Calculate the amount that you will have to invest and figure out whether you will be gaining profits or not.
- Consider the future prospects of the property.
When we talk about investments, one of the best choices an individual can make is of investing in commercial real estate. Many people cannot decide whether investing in a residential property is beneficial or they should opt for commercial investment properties. In this blog we shall discuss everything about commercial property and the benefits of investing in a commercial property.
What is a Commercial Property?
To start off with, let us first get an understanding of what a commercial property is. In very simple terms, every other property that does not come under residential property is known as commercial property. These properties include offices, buildings, shopping complexes, hotels and industries, to name but a few. The residential property is for an individual’s personal use while a commercial property is used by more than one person. Whether we talk about commercial property for investment or sale purpose, the choice is always beneficial. However, an investor should always be very careful while investing in the property.
Why Is a Commercial Property a Secure Investment?
Once you decide to invest in a commercial property, you can be assured that you have made a secure investment for yourself.
- One of the biggest advantages of investing in a commercial property is that it is an investment property with returns.
- The money that you spent in buying the property, can be recovered in the form of the monthly rental given by the tenant.
- If the CPI (Consumer Price Index) increases, the commercial lease also increases with it. This means that if there is any increase in your expenses, that amount will be directly added to the monthly rental that is paid by your tenant.
- A huge amount of the operating cost is paid by the tenant through the structure of NNN or NN lease.
- If any changes are made to the property, the tenant bears the expenses.
How to Play Smart While Investing
To make the right choice, it is very important to consider a few factors before making the final decision.
- Always check the infrastructure completely. Do not go only by the outer appearance.
- Estimate the monthly rental that can easily be generated and compare it with the amount you would be spending. Make sure that you are not at a loss by the end of the deal.
- Set up a budget and choose a property within the predetermined budget.
- Make sure that the property is located at an accessible location.
- Study about the area and consider the future prospects of your current investment.
Investing in a property is one of the best decisions, but often people get confused whether they should invest in a commercial property or in a residential property. It is always a good choice to invest in a property that gives high returns and there can be nothing better than investing in a commercial property. While making an investment in a property, make sure that you are careful and follow one step at a time. Here are some factors that will help you understand why it is beneficial to make an investment in a commercial property.
A commercial property is an investment property with returns: If you own a commercial property, you can generate a good monthly rental and increase the return on your investment. Moreover, while renting your property, you can involve your tenant in a long term lease. This will ensure that you keep receiving the rent for a long period of time. In cases of residential property, the tenant might sign a short term lease and you may have to look out for a new tenant in every 6-12 months.
Tenants of commercial properties are responsible: For some property holders, renting a residential property becomes a nightmare thinking about what kind of tenants will be living in their property. But when you rent a commercial property, you can be assured that your property will be safe as it will be used only for some hours everyday. Tenants of your residential property can throw a party every night, but this will not be the case if you rent a commercial property.
Commercial property investment market is less competitive than the market of residential property: When we compare the market of residential property with the market of commercial investment property, the later is undoubtedly less competitive. There is less demand of commercial property, but once you find a potential tenant, you can be assured of high returns.
Commercial property is used for limited hours: If you rent a residential property, you must be prepared to attend your tenant at any time of the day, even at midnight, in case of an emergency. But, the case will not be the same if you rent a commercial property as the commercial property is used only for a limited period of time on a daily basis.
When we consider the above mentioned factors, it becomes certain that investing in a commercial property is undoubtedly a better option.
Read More: http://www.vatikagroup.com
It is becoming a challenging task for Non Resident Indians to invest in Indian property as rupees are touching the grounds in comparison to the dollars. Different cities from Delhi and Mumbai to Gurgaon and Noida, every town offers commercial property for investment purpose. If you are an NRI and planning to invest in property in India, preferably consider investing in commercial real estate. Finding a commercial property is not at all difficult, but investing in the right one requires little caution. Below are some tips for NRIs to look before investing in commercial property in India.
Location: Before choosing a commercial property for investment sale, make sure you check economy, job market and population growth in the market. Moreover, investors should check the reliability of the location, along with demand and supply dynamics. Appropriate research is very much needed before investing.
Type of property: Once you have decided on the location, check the type of property you want. The most popular properties for this include retail and office spaces, but preferably go for a property with good return. Till few years back, there was only large units available in both, which made it difficult for small investors to invest, however, with the smaller spaces, it has become quite easier. In addition, experts believe that investing at high street is more beneficial than a mall as it can be failure. This is because shops in a mall are sold before its construction and developers restrict to sell a store as a unit.
Expected returns: Professionals suggest keeping a higher budget for any commercial investment will provide higher return of investment. When you buy a property make sure you get at least 11 to 12 per cent of return. The income generated from a commercial property determines its value or it can also be said that capitalisation of the property directly depends on the demand for the property. Investing in commercial property can be a high-return game if you do your homework well.
These are some of the important tips that would help you to invest in right type of commercial property at correct location, which will provide maximum return of investment.
When we think of investments, there can be nothing better than investing in a property, and if you are thinking of an investment property with returns, you should always opt for a commercial property. Gurgaon, the millennium city, has developed tremendously in the recent years and there is an availability of various office spaces in Gurgaon. If you too are thinking of investing in a commercial property, you can consider choosing Gurgaon as your location.
Many of us know that is a wise decision to invest in a commercial property, but only a few of us are aware of the mistakes that we make while making a commercial property investment. Let us have a look at a few mistakes that one should avoid while investing in a commercial property.
- Going Wrong in Analyzing the Market Trend: This is one of the biggest mistakes that a property buyer can make. Analyzing the market trend is of utmost importance, specially in cases of commercial property investment. Keep an eye on the ongoing trend and assess whether the time is right or not to invest in the commercial property. The small mistake of not analyzing the market trend can prove to be heavy on the pockets.
- Not Checking the Property Details: Whether you are buying the commercial property or are considering the option of taking the commercial property for rent, do not go by the outer appearance of the building. It is always important to check the property from inside. Before paying the money, look for any damages or problems that need to be rectified. Apart from the infrastructure, also keep a check on the taxes that you are paying. Make sure that the taxes are of the current rate.
- Not Analyzing the Budget Properly: Before making an investment in a property, you should assess whether it is suiting your pocket or not. This budget includes the taxes, title work and approximate cost that will incur in repairs, to name but a few. If this cost sums up to more than your income, it is unreasonable to invest in such a property. Also, if you are willing to rent out your commercial property, take an idea of the general time taken in renting out the property in that location.
- Putting Excessive Money in the Property: It has been generally observed that people borrow money from banks when they plan to invest in a property. Make sure you not put in too much money in buying the property. Always remember that you will have to return the money and that too with interest. The initial years might not be extremely beneficial, but you will have to pay your bank on time. This might be a little heavy on the pockets, thus it is advised that too much money should not be put in a property.
By keeping the above mentioned points in mind, you can avoid making mistakes while investing in a commercial property.
Many of us are well aware of the trends of residential property investments, but when it comes to investing in commercial real estate, most of us are ignorant. People who do not run a business, or have no connections with the commercial property, are generally unacquainted about the commercial property trends. However, it is always a wise choice to stay abreast of all the investment trends taking place in the real estate, because you never know when you might need to invest in a property. Let us gain a little knowledge about commercial investment properties and the benefits that come along with them.
- Risks and Returns: When we talk about commercial property investing, it should always be noted that it there is always a higher risk involved in it and at the same time, it is a property with high return. The commercial real estate market varies from place to place, but when compared to the residential property, there is a huge difference between the two. A commercial space might take several days to be leased out. Thus, the risk involvement is high in a commercial property.
- Period of Lease: When a commercial property is leased, it is generally done for a long period of time. The period might be as long as about ten years. Also, various commercial properties can be leased out for a period of five years and then the lease can be renewed. The annual rental increases between 15 to 20% .
- Ratio of Investment: Commercial properties are expensive than the residential properties. Factors like posh location and huge size of the commercial properties are a major reason for the high price. However, whenever you are looking for a commercial space, you can also choose a small premise and purchase a commercial property within a small budget.
- Fixed Costs: Despite of the fact that the commercial property has been leased or not, there are a few operational costs that are involved. However, these fixed costs vary and depend on the property type.
Benefits of Investing in a Commercial Property
By investing in a commercial property, you can increase your cash flow in a number of ways. Let us have a look at a few ways:
- Buy and Exist Strategy: The best way to collect a huge amount of money is by first buying the property, then building an equity and then finally, selling it off. You can earn huge profits when you sell off the property.
- Monthly Rental: Leasing your commercial property is one of the easiest ways to generate monthly income without working hard. A good amount of money goes into your pocket if you lease out the commercial property owned by you.
- Run your Own Business: If you are a businessman, there can be nothing better than owning a commercial property. You save the money that you would have otherwise spent in paying off as a rent to the landlord, had you not owned the office space. (https://kidsrkids.com/)
- Let out the Extra Space: If the commercial space that you own is more than that required for your business operations, you can easily rent it out. This brings in extra income and at the same time the extra space that your commercial building has, does not go waste!